Thursday, August 22, 2002

My mom and I spent an hour and a half at Linens and Things today. Who knew there was still so much stuff to buy........
ooOOH! I just bought these great sheets for my stupiD x-long twin bed. They're green-tea-green (I know Christine approves) and my mom said she bought me a silk comforter in china where it's cheap, so we bought a matching duvet (it goes around comforters/down blankets to keep them clean) that is Egyptian cotton/sateen. It has a 300 thread count! and feels sooooo soft. Yeah. No one probably cares or knows what I'm talking about and probably thinks I'm a weirdo to be babbling about my bedsheets. But oh well. I like them.

Then we ate at La Madeleine's cause I figure I need to eat good food while I can. We shared half an herb-roasted rotisserie chicken, caesar salad, tomato basil soup, multigrain bread straight from a brick oven that was just the right amount of crunchness on the outside and soft and warm on the inside, and mango lemon tea. We then went to the bakery and bought:

Sacher Torte (Rich and moist chocolate cake), Cheesecake with strawberries, Tiramisu (layers of soft cake with some mocha flavoring and a little bit of rum), triple chocolate mousse cake, and Napolean (alternating layers of flaky pastry, lightly sweet cream and strawberries with a coat of glazed sugar over it and topped with sliced almonds).

Yeah. I'll be eating all day tomorrow.

posted by Steph at 10:00 PM

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home