Friday, August 23, 2002

Went to Miyako's this evening for a little 'last meal' before I leave. And I know you really care, so I'll tell you what I had: Edamame (peas), Sashimi (raw) salmon and tuna, Baked mussels, Tempura (fried shrimp and sweet potatoes), caterpillar roll (sushi wrapped in avacado), Sumo Maki (sushi w/ sashimi, cream cheese, avacado, cucumber, caviar), Chin of fish (very tender), marinated tofu and a pina colada. man. i am so hungry now.

Yeah. Well, everything is packed now, except my bathroom stuff and alarm clock I'll pack in the morning. How weird is that. I'm going to Austin tomorrow at 4 am. The problem is, I went to sleeP last night at 3:30 am. And woke up today at 2 pm. (I dozed off around 3 while reading during the very cool thunderstorm today... woke up around 4 pm... yeah... i'm a pig... i know). So I dunno how I'm gonna sleep tonight. My computer is packed, along with the rest of my life into 6 boxes my dad uses to file his business papers.

I'm at my sister's computer, and that David Tao song Liu Sha is playing. 'Love is like the flowing sand'. Yeah. I'm getting depressed. All my previous heart-lifting anxiety that I had about getting the hell outta here is slowly being drained out of me and being replaced by the proverbial leaden weights of nostalgia and pre-mature homesickness. I brought a small stack of family album pictures for the heck of it. I brought a small stuffed rabbit I got on my first Christmas that plays a tinkling melody when a key is turned in the back. I brought a few random, purely ornament trinkets to make the dorm less dorm-like. And there will be a pretty, silver picture frame of my sister and I when we were kids on my desk at Austin.
Ah. Those ephemeral, carefree years of innocence.

Childhood is over.

T_T I feel sad now.

posted by Steph at 9:03 PM

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home