Saturday, October 12, 2002

I lie down in my nice bed, pull the soft covers around me and get all comfy, and just as my head touches the pillow I start to hear some kind of pounding. I strain my ears, thinking maybe I'm just hearing things.
I have to get up at 7:30 tomorrow (that's incredibly early for me) on a SAturday for some ABSA volunteering thing and some MORON decides to blast their bass loud enough so everyone within a half mile radius can enjoy their music.
I cram ear plugs into my ears, but I can still feel my freakin' bed vibrating.
I wearily open the door and ask Mel (suitemate), who's watching TV, if she hears it. I go into their room, but don't hear anything. It's just mine. So I go outside, and press my ear against my neighbors' doors.
Nothing.
I run upstairs to the room above mine.
Nothing.
Then to 811, the floor below mine. They have their stereo cranked up to 100 decibels; their damn door is shaking it's so loud. I rap furiously on the door; no one answers. I go back upstairs and Mel tells me to this happened a lot last year, and to call the front desk.
Well, I called 15 minutes ago. And if nothing happens in the next 15, I'm gonna get really nasty. I don't care if it is Friday night, I shouldn't be able to feel my bed shake.
I mean, Friday, college kids, loud music, whoo party, blah blah, I do it too, but this is ridiculous. *grumble*
I'm cranky.

posted by Steph at 12:11 AM

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home