Friday, October 18, 2002

Jeff's Profile:
hey steph... set

Wow. I'm slowly getting everyone addicted to the SET game. YAY!
Jeff came over yesterday for lunch, and missed the first part of his class because we kept playing (on his insistence). He claims he'll visit me more often now. ha ha. thanks jeff.
I had planned to go to juggling club yesterday night, because I wanted to play the game but somehow started talking to someone online to a friend's friend's roomate, and ended up there somehow playing until 1:30 am. It's such a great game!
Yeah.... I'm a Nerd. Oh Well.
Oh. I went to the Marketing passion panel for BA101, where people talk about their jobs and tell you why you should major in marketing, or finance, or accounting, etc. The Finance presentation was long and boring as hell. I chose marketing. As soon as I saw the presentation for it, I knew it was a bad idea. Every girl that talked in the video clip they made sounded like a ditz. They were either not very bright or tried really hard to repress any intelligence they had in a (failed) attempt to appear more friendly and approachable. And, as the guy sitting next to me so helpfully pointed out, one out of the 5 girls that appeared wore a bra.
I walk into the room for the panel on marketing, looked around, and inwardedly groan. A small auditorium packed with shrill, giggly girls. GooDY.
I felt like I was on another planet. Their voices were 2 octaves higher, cup sizes 2 times bigger, and IQ 40 points lower. I am not exaggerating.
The accounting people from last week's panel may have been a biT uninteresting, but they were nice and friendly and smarT. shit i am such a snob. Sorry... but you had to be in this room to understand what I was talking about.
I did learn a lot of stuff though, even though I realize marketing is not the major for me (I'd commit suicide or homicide working with those people....).
eh. I wish I knew what to major in.
ABSA Camping trip in an hour. It's cloudier than ever and looks like rain. (why do people say that? why not 'It looks like it wiLL rain?') But lots of people going, so it'll be fun. Gotta go pack now.

posted by Steph at 1:06 PM

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home