Sunday, November 24, 2002

I had two hours of sleep Friday night and practically no food all Saturday. So I slept until 1 pm today. It feels sOoo good.
I've missed my bed. It's soo comfortable.
I ate downstairs at the Dobie Cafeteria for the first time in 4 weeks.
My mom's been sending up Chinese food by the box load, so I just ate at home.
I had American food for the first time in a long time for breakfast.
I drenched a plate sized waffle with syrup and then dusted the whole thing with a layer of powdered sugar. The waffle was so saturated with syrup that when I cut into the waffle with the dull butter knives they have, pale brown liquid streamed out the sides. This was eaten with greasy sausages and a glass of milk.

Yeah. I'm avoiding talking about the competition.
We didn't make it to finals for reasons I'm not gonna bother explaining online, but I know we did a good job. Our presentation was great, and our strategy and ideas creative and stuff. Plus I got a cool suit out of it, so....
I was unpleasantly surprised (to say the least) we didn't make it, and expressively pissed at the reasons why (sorry guys - I'm a bit emotional) But that's not what's important now, I realize.
I'd like to say yeah, joe, you were right. I don't really think I wasted a week and accomplished nothing. I really did learn more from this that my stupid BA class.
I learned a shit load. I mean, after thinking about those strategies and stuff, you even think about things differently. And god knows I needed to presenting experience. And I learned photoshop! so that was cool.
Vicky, Shanna, I really hope we can all work together again. each of you possessed something I admired and wished I had. Vicky's sweetness of nature and idealism about things made me realize how uNsweet and cynical I am. I am so glad I met you. ^_^ It was quite a refreshing change - I'm so used to my own bitterness. Maybe this will tone down my agression ... probably not.
Shanna's professionalism, control and calmness under pressure and how well she took the results (heh.. I dunno If i can ever to that, be sucH a great sport about it, no matter how mature I get.. there will always be the initial anger and frustration after ever loss. I guess I'll just have to win everything from now on. hahaha. j/k) Geez I hope one day I can be that professional and mature about things. You are the ideal business woman.
and Joe, what can I say. Sorry for the earlier blog - I was venting, and even though we argued like crazy and you'll probably avoid me for the next month or so, thanks for giving me the opportunity to do this. I don't regret a moment. Even the frustration (mostly at you - heh) was worth it. You gotta admit, when we weren't bickering (which wasn't much), we worked pretty well, and came out with with a good final product, right?
You guys are where I'd like to be in 2 years. I can't even begin to explain how much I've learned in all aspects of life from this. I also had a lot of fun~ even amidst the stressing and eating and sleeping poorly and anxiety and getting mad at joe, when we did take a break (chinese shaved ice and the 2nd half of forest gump) it was great just hanging out.
And so ends 2002 UT Business Council Competition.
Vicky, Shanna, Joe. It's been great doing business with you ~ ^_^
Thanks for everything!

posted by Steph at 1:31 PM

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home