Sunday, December 01, 2002

I like Christine's summary of our Thanksgiving ~
so I'm stealing it..with [comments]

"thursday: up at the crack of dawn. 8am! chris [&] michael liu, jess, joe and jean[gene], steph [Why am I LaST?] and i headed out for george r brown center. worked from 9 - 2. as usual, too many volunteers. had no work to do. talked to some interesting people as they ate. joe and jean drove around downtown telling homeless people about the free meal. steph noticed something interesting. next time any of you decide to go help out, take notice of the demographics. would've taken longer to get home (got a bit 'side tracked') if it hadn't been for that blond bitch [gasP! christine.. the language.. my goodness] in the little red car that tried to run us off the road then pass us up. well she got burned say..5...6 times... meh. jessica was all whimpering. "that was scary! i think we were going almost 80!" [hahahaa.. jessica, you crack me up] joe? drive 80? no no...he woulnd't do that... [it was more like 110] uhem..
helped around a bit at home to prepare for dinner. steph and i whined the whole time about not having any pie.
"pumpkin pie!"
"no! pecan pie!"
"no! we need both!"
"both! both! where's our pie?!"

[my mom yells at us to shut up... we pout and sulk and whine and leave...]
lo and behold, laura (my dad's sister's daughter) comes over with a freshly baked warm pumpkin pecan pie. [it sounds weird.. but it was soo good]
our dinner? pot luck style chinese dishes, wrapped like burritos in tortilla wraps, chinese dessert (ma ji), southern spicy gumbo, japanese plum wine, easoned [seasoned] potatoes and honey baked turkey, and a few other misc. things here and there. got told to shut up and play something else when i got bored and started with the "depressing elevator music" [on piano] (somewhere in time -_-;;) cleaned up afterwards, steph and i grabbed a tall shot glass of kaluha [kuhlua] each, and went upstairs to sing depressing chinese kareoke [karaoke - geez christine, learn to spell] songs at the top of our lungs"
She forgets to mention the glassfulls on plum wine and 2 additional glasses of kuhlua and milk (white russian?). no wonder I wanted to sing karaoke so badly...

We also went to Elaine's house Friday to eat .. where she cooked toNs of great food..little mini cheecakes with blackberries and dusted with powdered sugar, lobster, crab, honey ham, these great little potato things...again from christine's blog:
"elaine is my new idol. haha.
"elain [elaine], will you marry me?"
"sorry steph. i dont swing that way"

yeah. she broke my heart. buT she's a great cook. she's teaching christine and I to cook stuff Christmas break! yay ~ I can't wait.
I'm up for cooking lessons if anyone wants to give me any! My mom is teaching me too. I figure I need to learn some domestic skills.. my mommy says otherwise no one will want me. Thanks moMmy...

posted by Steph at 11:23 PM

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home