Tuesday, December 03, 2002

I take a break from my computer to go to the 'kitchen' and peel and slice a tasteless pear. (it is inadequate because it is not an Asian pear. I'm not racist. Those are just really good pears. If you've ever had one, you would know)
Christy is on the living room couch studying physics. She reads aloud to me, "A yo-yo is like a physics lab that fits in your pocket ..blah blah.. rotational torque.. "
I sit down to eat my tasteless pear, and she tries to convince me to take Honors Physics next year. She thoughtfully jots down the course number and teacher so I can sign up for it.

Me: "I'm noT taking Physics, Christy! You just want me to take it so you can laugh at me next semester! ... like I laugh at you now. hahahahha"
Christy: "You know who I really hate? Newton"
She begins composing a list of people she'd kill "if she could go back in time"
Christy: "hmm..who else should I add to the list? Ah. THoreau."
Me: "I like THoreau! I loved Walden Pond - I actually went through and highlighted passages that I liked! I loveD English class!" (our Junior year English teacher is notorious.. she's a wonderful teacher, but hard as hell)

Christy looks up at me. Then adds my name to the list.
I've been put on a hit list....
I hold up my knife.
Christy looks up.

Christy: "AH! don't do that! I thought you were going to kill me!"
Me: "I was."
Christy jots on the paper "Stephanie killed me. call the police"
Me: "What makes you think I won't just take that paper away after I kill you??"
Christy: "I'll hold it really tight!"
Me: "Yeah.. maybe the rigor mortis will make me unable to pull it away."
Christy: "AND I'll write it all over my skin, too!"
Me: "I'll just scrape it off with the knife."
Christy: "EwwwwW! I can't believe you just said that!"

This is coming from a girl who told David that she likes to cut herself when she's in a bad mood...

Anyways. Back to my pear and my philosophy.

posted by Steph at 11:04 PM

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home