Wednesday, December 25, 2002

I've been sitting around in my bright red plaid flannel pajama pants and big green plaid flannel shirt. So Christmasy and warm. Woke up late, ate a steaming bowl of the leftover huo3 guo1 stuff from last night, lounged around, apathetically tried on different outfits to wear for ballet (nutcracker) on friday, listened to lots of music and filed an enormous stack of invoice statements things in numerical order for my mom for my dad's office. I listened to chinese music, then oldies, (because my mom was in the same room = no alternative) and now I'm listening to slower country songs that are really good.
It's only 5 o'clock and the sun is setting already; I can see it right outside my window, melting into a pool of gold. The ashen trees framing all this all look almost dead, my sister left early this morning to go on a ski trip, I was supposed to mix her a CD before she left and I didn't and I feel really bad. My dad is at work. He has been all day. During Christmas! *sigh* It's getting darker and I feel so.. languid....
Several people told me last night how it just didn't feel like Christmas this year, and I agree. I'm not sure why. But I'm actually quite content. my mom and I talked about how I think so far into the future and I am too big a worrywart; I should just take things as it is and not worry and try to plan my life so much. blah. I can't help it. I worry what I'll do, what I'll be, where I'll live, how much I'll make, what everything will be like. But right now I feel really calm. Maybe it's this country music. Music reflects and alters my mood all at the same time.
I think I'll just sit here and listen to it and veg out and play online games.

posted by Steph at 3:11 PM

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home