Friday, January 17, 2003

Coming back from dinner I was too lazy to climb up the 2 flights of stairs to get up to the lobby of Dobie, so I went into the food court on the first floor to ride the 2 floor elevator up. (It was cold, ok?)
While waiting for the elevator, I see this hobo looking guy drawing on the floor with what looked like felt-tipped markers on a canvas. Unable to control my vexing curiosity, I went over. He was using Japanese paint, a mixture of oil and water paint; when they mix, it makes this really cool effect. He talked a lot, but I learned so much! I really want some now.
He sells them for a living and asked which medium I prefer (oil paint) and he talked about taking classes at the fine arts center and I realized how much I miss art.

posted by Steph at 6:09 PM

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home