Monday, January 27, 2003

Dobie elevators are usually pretty crowded.
So you would think people would try to be considerate and make it as easy and efficient as possible for everyone to get in and out of it.
Common sense and courtesy deems it customary for one to enter the elevator, press the button corresponding to the desired floor, and then MOVE AWAY from the panel to enable others do to the same.
I reaLLy dislike the benighted fools who choose to push the button and then stand riGHt in froNt of the panel so that the 20 other people rushing to get it must reach around the inconsiderate idiot and therefore cause a hindrance in MY ability to get back to my room as quickly as possible.
So all the way up I wonder... what makes some people so incredibly unaware of their surroundings?

And I think it's final... I am officially lactose-intolerant. Lately the last couple of times I have tried to drink milk have resulted in blinding pain, vomiting, and blood loss.
Ok, not really. It was more a grumbly in my tummy... but a very unpLeant grumbling, mind you.
Anyways, this kind of negative conditioning has forced me to just stop drinking milk all together.. which is why I am more dedicated than ever to taking my OPC calcium supplements (osteoporosis scares me).
I tried to give milk another go for the last time this morning at breakfast (In a fit of gluttony and indulgence I bought some coffee walnut brownies), but after only a few minutes my stomach hurt again.
Poop. I can't believe it... no more milk for awhile.

The other day when Shanna and I were filling out forms at the leasing office and I was putting down my roomates' names and ages, I read it over and saw
Age: 21, 21, 18 (me) .. and I felt so youNg.
Then yesterday at the gym (yay! that's the 2nd time this week) I see all these people lifting MY weight.. and I'm there holding these measly weights and I felt all little again.
Why am I so smaLL?
I want to be big and strong!!
(I guess it doesn't help that I can't drink milk..)

posted by Steph at 8:09 AM

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home