Thursday, January 02, 2003

Hallelujah!
For the past few days I had been without internet. I thought I could be strong and just live without it, but as the days passed, my hands started to shake, and my fingers would subconsciouly type out a blog mid air. I tried to sign on over and over; each time I pressed the 'connect' button I would tremble in anticipation, each time it failed me I would weep with misery. Ok, not really.
But without a car and without internet, I was practically going insane. Since I had been sick for most of the week, I slept at least 12 hours a day ( I didn't think it was possible) so time passed a bit more quickly.
New Year's was good. It was practically a high school reunion; and it was nice to see everyone again. Jennifer came from California! She and Zara showed up at my door for the New Year shindig with blankets and backpacks. I stared at them for awhile, and asked why they brought blankets to the party.
"We're sleeping over! Didn't we tell you?"
"uh. nO."
"Hahahaha. We must've told everyone but you."
" ha. ha. " *I scramble frantically to clean up the clothes and crap I had dumped on my bed*
They adamantly insisted that I had been informed of this 'sleepover', but I was defiNately not told. But it was fun. Like old times ^_^. We ordered pizza and set off fireworks, took pictures, played pool, talked, played cards, etc etc. It was nice.

Jenn & Zara and I went to Chinatown today to eat, 7 courses of beef ~ yumm. The service was lacking, but the food is really good. Then we walked around in the cold. We went to those little gift shops with overpriced stationary and pens from korea and japan and took those overpriced sticker pictures. It was lots of fun ~ we looked really stupid in some of them.. but I will treasure these moments always ^_^ Hahaha.. you guys are great.
Some weird thing happened. As we walked down bellaire, we got 'harassed' as Jennifer calls it. mostly just *beep beep*s and incoherent shoutings. I was pretty shocked that people actually dO that - honk and sh*t. Jennifer told us California was worse - I guess it happens to her a lot - and she gleefully kept count of the number of stupid males who thought with their balls and honked like morons. "That's 4! hahaha... That's 5!"
That made me think. Do guys think girls like that? Why would you do such a thing?? It yields no results, and just makes you look stupid. Can any guy tell me what the hell the point of catcalling is? " *beep beeP* Hey baby! " "Oh! HI! Your honking really turned me on! Do you want my number?" Ugh. It doesn't work that way....
I want to try that sometime. Jennifer and Zara and I want a cool car and go driving around and hoot at guys. I wonder how they'll take it..
I got a raspberry green tea! That's really good too. In Jungle Cafe, they actually put in slices of oranges (adds a good flavor) and real raspberries. I didn't finish more than half of it by the time I got home, and when I left it on the counter to drink later. ( I like to save things for later - I hoard) Then when I got back, I saw the pathetic remains of my tea and gasped. Then I ran to the living room and offendedly (can I say that?) asked which one of my parents drank my tea, since they had both refused offers from me earlier.. but O well.

Everyone went skiing this break. My mom told me to go and buy some skiing (is that how you spell it?) equipment while it's on sale now so my aunt can take me next year. My sister bought a jacket for 250 bucks! TWO hundred and FIFTY. psh. I'd rather get another suit ^_^ ~ but hey.. she likes it. Besides, I don't think the idea of going 30 miles an hour (is that how fast you go? i dunno) down a snowy slope appeals to me. I'm the kind that lounges in the cabin in front of the fireplace drinking hot chocolate and commenting on the pretty snow outside. And maybe, maYbe occasionally I'll pull on all those heavy clothes and make myself a little snowman.
We'll see. Peer pressure to learn to ski is quite heavy right now.

I'm still having dreams about my grades. Grr. And everytime I think about it I hit myself. The stinging pain makes me feel better. Maybe I'll get one of those flagellants that priests used to use to atone for their sins and stuff.

I am cold and my hands are starting to shake now, from hunger. I was going to eat, but then I found out my dad fixed the internet. You know you've got problems when you pass up sustenance for blogging and e-mail.

posted by Steph at 6:02 PM

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home