Tuesday, January 14, 2003

Ho.lY. crap.
Christy and I just spent 2 hours looking for my key.
I got back from smallville, and I realized that I couldn't find my key. Now usually when I temporarily misplace something I know, but I have been up and down the halls of both Jester East and West so many times today that I knew I had dropped it somewhere. When I called the front desk and found out I'd have to pay 35 dollars to replace it, I started freaking out.
"WHERE could my keys be??! I KNOW I had it when I left for smallville! It must be in JEster! it fell out of my coat! waaaaaah! I want my keys..."

Before Smallville:
I went to Jester West 473 instead of Jester East 473 (and since each floor of jester requires your ID card to get in, I had to go to some other floor with a resident and walk up many flights of stairs) I walked back through the long winding hallways to Jester East and climb up more stairs, and find out that smallville is at 8 instead of 7.
I had gone an hour early.
So no one was at the room. I climb up to Jester 8th floor to pass time (= eating chocolate and dropping my aerobics class officially) and go back down at 8. more stairs.

After losing my key:
I first ask the front desk of Jester West. no luck. Christy and I retrace my steps to Jester West. All along we are scrutinizing the floors. Then Jester East 8th floor (no one there). then 4th floor (no one there). we wait in the 4th floor study lounge to wait for the guys to come back from the gym during which we talked about how you seem to have fewer and fewer good friends as you get older and etc. We finally get into the room and look everywhere, but no key. Then I get a call asking if I had found my keys yet, and fontunately someone in the background heard and said their RA had found some keys earlier. We go to 8th floor. RA not there. So finaLLY we go to the front desk of Jester eASt this time aaaannnd....
THEY HAVE IT! it was on the floor right outside the door when I left the 8th floor.
HALLELUJEIGH ~~~~ (or however you spell it)
(if the above sounded very very confusing, it was because it WAS! .... I have walked so much today...)
It would've cost me thIRTY fiVE dollars to replace it! and money does not grow on trees (right mommy?)
Sigh. anyways....my keys used to be on this little Pooka keychain the size of.. and eyeball .. but now i am transferring it to another Pooka keychain the size of half my fist.
ha.
I am neVEr losing my keys again.
On the way back to Dobie Christy and i are cheering and rejoicing that we spent two hours but saved 35$.

Me: Thank goD we found them..
Christy: It's like we both earned 17 dollars an hour!
Me: I am SO glad I have you back pooka! *smooch*
Christy: that was actually pretty funny, what happened... now that I think about it..
Me: blAh. yeah.. in retrospect...
Christy: Now I just have to find my syllabus for tomorrow... i knoW it's in my room somewhere....

posted by Steph at 10:23 PM

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home