Sunday, January 05, 2003

I just got back from the hookah (?) bar. It was actually really... interesting. Jennifer, Zara, hala, miriam. Zara's parents actually took us, cause she knew the owner, which was pretty cool. We just had one apple flavored one, but miriam and i ended up being the only ones freakish enough to do it and really enjoy it. In fact, I don't think she ever put it down....
Hala used the "I promised my dad I wouldn't excuse," Zara the "I'm 17 and don't want to get caught excuse", Jennifer " *cough cough* it keeps going down my throat". hahaha. it's ok guys. There were only two pipe things anyways, and I think miriam and i were ok with that. I don't see why it's that bad; I didn't feel anything at all.. and at least it was fragrant smelling; I hate cigarette smoke. I was surprised I actually liked this hooka stuff. To the people spazzing out on me, don't worry, this won't become a regular thing. When the heck am I ever gonna go to a hookah bar again? geez.
Some freaky guy (whom jennifer disliked solely because of the fact he wasn't good looking) pulled up in a shiny sky blue honda convertible with his grandpa or something and walked over and sat down like he knew us. It was really weird. We all just stared at him and he went away when they got their own hookah. All in all, it was an interesting experience.
We then drove to some live music bar to pick up Zara's sister and got kicked out because we weren't 21. I wished we could have stayed; the band sounded pretty good and it looked like an interesting place to people watch. But the ride that dropped aimee (? zara's sister) off left so now we had 5 girls squished in the back; Zara sat up front with her parents. It was loads of fun. It was even more fun because we were trying to find an Arabic restaurant to eat at, and they were all closed (who closes at 10 pm on a Sunday night?? geez....) and each time we had to get out and then cram everyone back in when we realized they were no longer open. Finally after driving all over Houston we ended up going to a Mexican restaurant where we all ordered chicken quesadillas just like the ones I ate last night. But it was good. And we had lots of fun.
Zara's parents were very cool for driving us around and I wonder when I'm a parent if my daughter will be willing to have me along when she goes out with her friends. It's interesting. Somehow we all started talking about how many kids we wanted and I thought that was weird because no way in hell would 18 year old guys talk about stuff like that. Females are so different from males. They joked I would not be able to have kids because I'm small, (Jennifer actually said I'd probable digest the kid because my body couldn't handle it... which is diSgusting.. ) and now I'm all worried and eating calcium chews.
We meet at the mall tomorrow to check out and interrogate miriams' new boy toy.. I mean... potential significant other. I will miss you guys when I go back to Austin!

posted by Steph at 9:57 PM

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home