Sunday, January 26, 2003

My neck cranes over the Biopsychology book as my eyes rapidly scan the words before me.
Beads of perspiration gather as I furiously yet diligently scribble out an outline of definitions and meticulously drawn diagrams of the brain:
Saggital plane. Rostral and Caudal. Corpus Collosum. Cerebrospinal fluid. Ogliodendrocytes. Occipidal Lobe.
My brow furrows in concentration as I take in the voluminous pages of terminology and try to plant it in my memory.
Suddenly, the bed begins to shake.
I look around frantically as my colored pens, notes, and books tumble to the ground; everything seems to reverberate with a pulse of its own.
BOOM.... BOOM.... BOOM....BOOM...
It wasn't Godzilla ... it was.....the hoes from the floor belOW --- this time with the blasted new-fangled techno music all the young kids seem to like listening to these days.
After numerous failed attempts of polite notes, pleading notes, threatening ones, and a burly security man pounding on their door at 3 in the morning, these indefatigable and inconsiderate stone deaf pigs were at it again.
I couldn't imagine how they even got their sound system to be sO damn loud....
As emotion (mostly in the form of anger and annoyance) argued with reason (I couldn't really make them shut up.. they had a right to listen to music) I concluded that they could listen to music, but not if it was loud enough to make my desk vibrate.
I gingerly rested my head on my arm and began to think....what to do.. what to do... then I got it.
I slowly lifted my head as a demonic grin replaced the scowl that had been there earlier. I placed my subwoofer and speakers flat against the ground, right where I calculated the echoing will spread the most effectively and be the loudest. I then searched my files for techno music.
ah HA. I knew I downloaded these for a reason.
As DJ Cleo and DJ Mystic blasted through my floor .. I got up and danced to the music as I let out a shrill war cry. No longer would I be the victim of thier whims!
After a few minutes or so.. I turned it down ... annd...
VICTORY WAS MINE!
I had quieted the boisterous infidels ONCE AND FOR ALL!!!

.. i must go back to studying now..

posted by Steph at 3:25 PM

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home