Thursday, January 16, 2003

Your bones stop taking in calcium to add to their density around the age of 25. (I learned that in nutrition yesterday)
Calcium is very important, and most young people hardly get the recommended amount of 1000mg a day.
You are at the highest risk of osteoporosis (A disease in which the bones become extremely porous, are subject to fracture, and heal slowly . . . often leading to curvature of the spine from vertebral collapse - dictionary.com) if you are (I got this from a cereal box):
1) female (especially if you have kids - those little suckers take a lot of your calcium to form)
2) thin
3) Asian
(suCKs for me) This hits you when you're older.. and while I knew this, I guess relearning it in nutrition made me freak out so now I'm taking the OPC calcium my mom tried to make me take and has been sitting a drawer since the beginning of last semester. I take it once in the morning, and once at night... I don't want weak yucky bones...
You should take calcium too - they sell those chocolate calcium chews everywhere now... geT it!

posted by Steph at 6:43 AM

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home