Monday, February 24, 2003

I can't believe the weekend is over.
It didn't feel like a weekend at all. We just went from one ABSA activity to another.
I reallY did not want to get up this morning. I hate how my 9 o'clock class takes attendence; it's the only class that does.
At the Leadership Conference on Saturday one of the speakers was the woman who argued and won the Roe vs. Wade case. She was 27 at the time. That is incredibly young. Just by listening to her talk you could tell she was an intelligent person and had superB analytical skills. She was one hell of a speaker. Sarah Weddington said that in the 70's she was applying for a credit card, and the guy at the bank told her she had to get her husband's signature; her own credit wasn't enough. She told him that shE was the lawyer in the family and was actually putting her husband through law school. But he dismissed her anyways.
So she said she just had to go to the legislature and pass the Equal Credit Opportunity Law (1975) and go back and get her credit card.
I was in awe.
It seemed like everything she wanted to get done, she did. Everything that stood in her way, she knocked down. She piloted Air Force One!
I'm sure she made many mistakes, and yadda yadda, but still...
I learned this weekend there is still so much I have left to learn and do.

posted by Steph at 6:34 AM

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home