Wednesday, February 26, 2003

I dutifully showed up to mythology class 11 am this morning.
Right before I left, I had a conversation with the devil incarnate (joe) who tried to persuade me to skip and I aLmost didn't go, but good triumphed over evil this time and I went to class.
I sat there for 15 minutes before the TA showed up and said class was canceled. bah. Go me.
So I walked to my biopsychology class 30 minutes early (I was determined to learn today) and sat in some kinda of advanced Calculus class. The professor had white hair and wore a navy suit. It seemed like he talked about nothing for a very long time.

As I headed back, I noticed the walkways to the engineering buiding was COVEred in ice; at least an inch thick. They had 8 guys with shovels out there breaking it up to make paths for people. Everywhere I looked was white. It was so pretty!
Until I almost fell, slammed my skull against the glazed pavement and killed myself...
I recovered, and the pretty whiteness of winter around me had made my good mood kick back, so I forgot my brush with death, and I was pleasantly amused at the UT clock tower's playing of "Let it Snow, Let it Snow, Let it Snow." I smiled and hummed as I walked along.
I walked by a building and heard what sounded like a shot firing overhead. As I looked up, a torrent of ice at least 2 inches thick showered 2 feet in front of me.
O. MY. GOD. I thought I was going to die. again.
I walked faster and heard the *cracK* again. A cascade of ice chunks landed behind me. I yelped and ran down the stairs.
*CraCK*
The icy fingers of death would NOT STOP trying to KILL ME. THis HAPPened 4 times.
All the while "Walking in a Winter Wonderland" is playing on the clock tower.
I glared at the tower. I glared at the roof suspiciously, watching for more ice as I edged away. I glared at all the slush and ice and 'snow' around me.
BAH, HUMBUG.
I ran back to Dobie and decided I have had enOUGH of winter.
I can not wait until Spring.

posted by Steph at 11:15 AM

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home