Sunday, February 02, 2003

Our first official ABSA IM basketball game of the season. Once again, we lost to much bigger ... whiter people.
There is a reason you do not see asians in the NBA.
Except for Yao Ming, of course - and that is merely because he is a freak of nature. But don't get me wrong. I like Yao Ming. (duh, I'm Chinese)
Since there weren't enough girls and there had to be 3 out on the court at all times (because boy are ball hogs - I've learned this since middle school) it was tiring as heck.
.. I am so out of shape...
I was thinking about it, and I think my competitiveness has something to do with childhood stuff. Gym for a nerdy (and believe me, I was the epitome of nerdy), skinny Chinese girl was hell, of course. You don't get passed the ball, you don't get picked for any teams.. so when people were laughing at me today for really trying to get the ball ( I reaLLy wanted it )I thought about how ironic that was.
I think it stems from and subconscious desire to overcome a male dominated game in a male dominated society and the ball symbolizes everything that the female gender can just as well handle but could never have.
hahaha. who am I kidding. That may be remOtely true, but I'm just a competitive, psycho little girl who really wanted to foul those big white girls to get the wittle ball.
yay for practice tomorrow.

posted by Steph at 3:01 PM

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home