Sunday, February 09, 2003

Spent all of yesterday making baskets for absa at sarah's and playing cranium (which is a really good game - I want to buy it now).
There are up to 4 teams and 4 categories. It's like a combination of guesstures/charades, pictionary and trivial pursuit with a twist. For example, for the artsy category, instead of just drawing, there is also sensosketch where you draw with your eyes closed as your team mates guess, or sculting with playdo, etc. There's acting out things then there's acting like famous people or humming a song (which is surprisingly hard as we didn't know half the songs). Sometimes there is club cranium where very team gets to compete to get the right answer first; those are really fun. You also need lots of people, we had about 12 yesterday, and I thought that was a good number.
I did bring my biopsych notebook and read it throughout the day out of guilt; I actually learned a lot of stuff.
I think I get more done in little chunks than sitting down for 5 hours and making myself learn, because then I only end up really studying for 1 or 2. But when I'm out, I feel guilty for not studying, so whenever I get a chance and I do study, even for 30 minutes, I learn a lot more. Plus I always learn better talking about it or having someone quiz me (which is rare because who the heck wants to study if they don't have to?)
IM basketball was really good today. There was this one girl who must've scored 2/3 of the 57 points they ended up with. She was incredible; just one lay up (layup/lay-up?) after another. But we actually only lost by 2 points, which has to be a record for absa IM sports. hahaha. o well. next time.
I am adding to my collection of bruises; for some reason I seem to fall at least once every game on my right knee. Then one of the girls and I banged our foreheads and I saw splotches of pretty color for awhile.
It is such a beautiful day today; I hate to be stuck inside studying. Why is it I can study better with people around? I need to learn to be productive alone.

posted by Steph at 2:48 PM

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home