Monday, February 24, 2003

When I stepped outside to go to IM basketball practice, it was SNOWING. well, sleeting. The sides of the roads were white and everything.
Then I took my first step down the stairs of Dobie and almost killed myself. It was coVered in ice.
I went upstairs to tell Christy and we got in warmer clothes to go outside to see, laughing hysterically like little girls over the first 'snow' fall. We stood in the partition between the lobby and outside, and oohed and aahed at the miniscule 'flakes' of sleeT. Then we laughed at how pathetic we must've looked; stupid Texans who've never seen snow.
Then I went back upstairs and put on MOre clothing. I could barely move, so Christy dressed me. I am in dire need of winter clothes; I wore her jacket and thicker scarf.
On the way out, instead of walking down the stairs outside, I decided to use the elevator. It was a good idea.
On the way, I saw this old man on a cane and I felt so bad. He was walking so slowly. I offered my arm and he looked embarassed and said he was fine but thanked me.
I hate that. I hate watching old people trying to do things themselves, and I felt bad so I just kinda followed really close. I think when I'm old I will be the exact same way; I will never admit that I need help. For some reason old people make me sad.

It took me 20 minutes to walk to the Rec center. It was SO slippery; I almost killed myself again going downhill. I wanted to stay home, but I can't miss an ABSA event because of a little sleet! That would be crazyness.
Now I have to decided whether I want to go out and study at the lab or not.
Lab vs. Stay home shower eat cookies sleep early?

posted by Steph at 6:40 PM

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home