Saturday, February 01, 2003

YAy. Last night was fun.
We got back just in time for dinner, and I saw xiuan1 xiuan1 (my little cousin Gloria) and wearing her little red traditional Chinese vest and I said I wished I had one too. Then I remembered I had this little chi2 pao2 (those Chinese dresses) from when I was 3 or something and I figured since I could still wear that thing till I was practically 10, (I was taller, but still skinny) then she could wear it too. (She's 8). She's a lot like me in that she's also really tiny for her age.
So gwai1 bao3 (Angeline) was cajoled into putting the chi2 pao2 on, which was rare because she's kinda.. bratty.. sometimes.
Then I put one on and yelled at Christine to come upstairs so she was made to put on one too. yaY! So much more festive and fun. Plus it makes the adults laugh, so everYone, except Gloria, Angeline and Christine were happy...
Then my mom started snapping pictures and my aunts and uncles started shouting suggestions in Chinese.
*flash* "Close that door!" *flash* "Stand in front of white wall .. Look better!" *flash* *flash* "Smile more!" *flash* "Look this way!" *flash* *flash* *whrrrrrrr* "oh! There goes a roll of film!"

Christine rolls her eyes... "ugh. We are SO Chinese...."
hahahaha. It was fun. I miss my family.

Then a few hours later for some reason we were playing with our cousins in Christine's room and I started asking for her jewelry box. Christine started putting everything she had on, and then we got the idea to dress up like we did for her birthday 10 years ago. So she put on every gold piece of jewelry of hers and mine, and I put on all the silver,black, white and pearl ones. Hers was topped off with a hobo/hippie looking shirt, my beret, and small lensed sunglasses. I wore a black felt cowboy hat with rhinestones and black feathers. (don't ask). We went downstairs..
And another roll of film is used.

have to go now. chinese school has festival.. we are going to volunteer.. it'll be like old days again!

posted by Steph at 8:54 AM

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home