Monday, March 17, 2003

I don't know why, but I just haven't gotten around to eating the last few days. I would feel really hungry, but I just couldn't eat; or when I did, it was in very small amounts and very light food. It's like I go through these cycles of eating a lot and a lot and loving food, and then I eat very little. It's strange.
Today after fencing I was starving, so I went to the cafeteria. I ate a bowl of strawberries and a small plate of salad. I finished in less than 3 minutes. And even though I was still hungry, I just didn't have an appetite. I don't get it. I wonder why. Everytime one of these low-appetite periods hit, it always takes days to get my stomach biG enough to start eating normally again. I have to start off with a little then add on.
This is not psychological, by the way. I do not have anorexia.
It's a good thing I'm in nutrition class. It really prompts me to eat healthy. It's not like people don't knoW what's good for them, but with all those junk food ads and vendors out there, sometimes we just forget and need a reminder.

Fencing was so fun today. We played this game at the end of class where everyone lines up in two rows facing each other, and you can't cross a certain line with your back foot. The goal was for each time to attack and hit the opponents across from them. You could team up, and hit whoever you want on the other side, you just have to stay on your side. I realized I am SO SHORT. Well, not realize like "oh my gosh!"; I always knew I was short, but further realized the short-comings (ha ha) of being small. A lunge attack with my short legs got me NOwhere, while this 6"5 guy could barely move and be close enough to hit me. At first I was dismayed, but then I realized It's so much easier for me to defend myself and I actually got like 6 people out in 2 rounds!! yay.
....
bear with me. I'm just compensating for a lifetime of being treated like a wittle girl and subconscious assumptions of EVERYONE that I come up against that I'm helpless.
I swear some of the jerkier guys smirk at me when I go into en guard position. "I can take this little girl. HA" Then they try to strong arm me by hitting my blade as hard as possible. I hate that.
This one arrogant guy who thinks he's a friggin musketeer with his little toss of the head acts so superior, but when it comes down to it, he swings like a maniac, basically just tries to knock my foil down, and I saw him cheat on the written exam! CHEAT in the middle of class on a pretty easy test. That makes me so mad. How can people be like that.
Luckily for me, fencing is onE class where I can do something about it. Those mean people made it all the more satisfying for me to ram the tip of my blade into thier kidneys.
HA. Take thAT.
I love that feeling.

posted by Steph at 1:33 PM

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home