Wednesday, March 26, 2003

The weather is sO beautiful today. Airy and breezy, but just enough sun to be pleasantly warm.
On the way back from class there was this Steel Drum Band playing really pretty Calypso-Jamaican-Island-ish music at West Mall.
All around them were the tables and booths of different organizations; they really do seem to multipy during these summary days. The music, the waving of fliers, offerings of candy, and even one booth's display of colorful pinatas made my daily route much more festive. One guy cried, "Take a swing at Saddam!" as he held up a large effigy made of paper-mache.
As I continued back to my dorm and the wind picked up, trailing the music after me, I smiled and was reminded why I like Austin so much. Little things like that really make my day a lot better sometimes.

posted by Steph at 11:20 AM

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home