Sunday, April 13, 2003

Wow I noticed I didn't blog saturday. How did that happen?
This weekend was all ABSA. Alumni Panel Thurs, Alumni Happy Hour Fri, Car Wash Saturday Morning, Alumni Dinner Saturday Night, and Softball this afternoon.
But it's not usually like this. This was the busiest weekend ever.
Anyways, old ABSA members came to talk to us at our meeting Thurs. I liked it a lot, to know they used to be like us. They talked about what they do now, and what they used to do in ABSA. There was even this couple who meT in ABSA and they're married now. hahahaha. They go, "So you never know..."
hahaha. Everyone looked at the person sitting next to them. It was funny.
And I know my mom is going to kill me when I blog about this (due to her recent calls fuming about my spending too much time with ABSA) but I promise this is the last time! (this semester)
After Alumni Happy Hour at SABA Blue water cafe (expensive) we held what would probably be the last poker night I'd attend this semester.
Hosted by Joe, attended by Gene, Vivian (didn't play but brought me suCH good luck), Philip, Tsung and Chris.
The plan was to hold an Ultimate Championship game; basically, play till the last person. The last 3 to get out play for 1st, 2nd, 3rd which = a certain percentage of the overall pot.
Entry fee - 10$, with buy ins of 10$ max until 1:30 am. A few people bought in, which only added to the pot.
We started at 8pm, ended at 10am.
Yes. We played for 14 hours straight.
Now I know people are gonna think that's crazy, and worse of all, my mom's gonna go beserk on me ... but come one. This iS college. I did this what, once, the entire year?
It was an interesting experience; I don't want to say "yeah, I did nothing in college. I got good sleep everYnight and I studied everYday."
pSH, I say.
It's not that bad. I'm overall a good girl. I think. I just happen to like ..playing cards.. for money.
Anyways, Chris whinEd the whole time about me being a 'black hole' and how he losing money every time I play, which I don't understand because he never complains when he loses to jOE. geez.
So one by one people drop out but we run out of time and finally as time for the Car Wash drifts closer, we decide whoever has the most chips will be 1st, then so on.
Winner gets 50, 2nd 20, 3rd breaks even with 10. But it's not about the money. it's about WINNING.
Finally at 9 am we start raising the antes like crazy and it starts getting nerve wracking as hell. At one point the pot was 20 dollars. The last hand. We played Texas Hold'em. This hand would determine who was 2nd place (It was disgustingly obvious Joe would be first). I got lucky and won with a wittle pair of aces.
But as we were revealing the cards one by one, I thought I was I was going to have a heart attack, I was so anxious. It was the most beautiful feeling in the world.
j/k
So joe won 50 bucks, but props to him for treating us to breakfast at McDs at our carwash, and I still need to buy vivian breakfast because when she was there (I was so glad there was another girl there - we made pretty flower formations with my chips) I did well, and I started to believe she was good luck, which made me more confident in my betting. She took a 4 hour nap in which my pile of chips just slowly got eaten away. She woke up then came back and I got confident again and came back a bit. No more playing without Vivian ever again.
anyways, I was tired as hell Saturday and I WILL NEVER DO THIS AGAIN.
(this semester)

posted by Steph at 10:09 AM

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home