Wednesday, April 30, 2003

Ah. Woe is me.

My life consists of an endless flurry of meetings and tests... eyes bleary, cognition fuzzy, temples pounding ...
As I stagger through this journey of pain and sorrow I wonder,

Is is destined to be thus for the rest of my days?
Is my childhood truly over?

Alas, it is so.
Forever gone are the carefree days of my youth... those joy-filled days where I lazily stretched my limbs out in the sun, letting those golden rays of warmth dance lightly on my bronzing flesh... days filled with gentle laughter, clement breezes and flower gathering ... of newly ripened fruit plump for the picking ... of soft willow-grass gently curving to enfold you in its embrace ...

but now there is no sun.

my world is a cold, desolate realm of fatigue and hunger - scholastic obligations always completed before rest and sustenance can be procured.
I am alone, so alone.
and tired, oh so tired...

I Cast my eyes and hands upwards to the harsh and unyielding gods above, praying they will pity this poor mortal and swiftly end my days of suffering in this cruel, cruel, world.

......
What the hell am I talking about.
I loVE MY LIFE.
I LOVE IT.
And geezus, when did I become a Forest nympH?!

Reading/studying mythology for 3 hours is not good for the sanity.
But it's amusing for the diction, no?

posted by Steph at 10:43 PM

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home