Thursday, June 05, 2003

I leave for Europe tomorrow.
A few days in Copenhagen, then we go on our Russian/Scandinavian/Baltic cruise. We've had one of these family summer vacation trips every year for as long as I can remember. I don't even feel like I'm going to leave tomorrow. I'd hate to think that everything is so routine now that I can just pack nonchalantly and not get excited about going. That's kinda sad.
It used to be that I'd pack a week ahead of time, making lists of what to bring, imagining what the trip will be like, but as the years go by it takes longer and longer for it to hit me. I pack later and later - and the past few years I've been packing the night before.
::shrug::
Maybe I'll start getting excited when I'm on the plane tomorrow.
The last time we went to Europe I was too young to really remember anything. 3rd grade. I wish we could go back to those places again; Rome, Paris, London, Switzerland - I'd probably appreciate it a lot more.
I hate sounding like an ungrateful brat. I'm thankful for my parents for giving me the opportunity to travel like this. Poor daddy, who will be working while my mom, sister, and I will be vacationing (although we diD ask him to go with us)
Tomorrow I will be leaving for the airport at 12:30 pm, be taking off at 3:40 pm, getting to Amsterdam at 8:00am (their time), and waiting in the airport for SEVEN hours until the transfer flight to Copenhagen.
Yeah. It's gonna be a long day. I will be so jet lagged.
I will be back the 22nd.
Arreverderci.

posted by Steph at 8:46 PM

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home