Sunday, June 29, 2003

My addiction to the internet, blogger, downloading movies, my computer in general, is completely gone.

It's heart-wrenching what a change has come over me -
I remember the days when I sat in front my beautiful monitor and gleefully hacked away at my wonderful keyboard; each click of the 'Send and Receive' button held me in thrall, each update of The Blog (mine or others') filled me with joy, and each completion of a download warmed my soul. Hours passed before I would pry myself away to eat, sleep, or release any bodily fluids.

It is no longer thus.

I despondently check my e-mail, reluctantly wring out a blogger post, and wearily surf online and chat on AIM.
At first I thought it a blessing.
Without the chains of internet addiction to bind me, I was free. Free to DO things. Free to talk to people in person, free to go out, exercise, shop, explore, learn, heck - FREE TO LEAVE MY ROOM~!
Then I realized what an empty existence that would be and promptly spent too much time typing this melodramatic blog.
Slowly, perhaps, this dependence on internet and computers will enslave me once again and shackle me in its sweet bondage.
Every fiber of my being longs to be imprisoned again!

posted by Steph at 6:48 PM

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home