Sunday, August 10, 2003

This morning my friendly neighbor waved to my dad as he pulled out of the driveway.
As he rolled down his window to engage in a neighborly chat, she commenced to berate him for having so many visitors (cyc people this past week) park on her side of the street.
For the love of goD, woman, it was for one friggin week. The other side of the neighborhood has tupperware parties or whatnot every damn weekend.
Besides, we blocked neither her driveway or her front door. SO sorry you have to look outside your kitchen window and see not the uniform lawns and unatural formations of bushes and trees.
Anyways, he apologized and told her charmingly that his daughter was leaving for college in a week, yadda yadda.
I get my high BSF (high bullshit factor) for my daddy.
My mom later told me what happened and said she would call the neighborhood association and confirm that the streets are public and it is legal to park there. "Not to be mean or anything, just so she knows for future reference, right?"
Hahaha. I get my righteousness, "my way or the high way, and I have the evidence to back it up" spirit from my mommy.

Anyways, I was went out to get some stuff and I notice the Offical New Territory Yard of the Month sign on our front lawn.
I laugh hysterically at the irony of it all.
HA. Take that, neighbor lady.
You may have won the Suburban Battle of Parking Spots, but wE won the Best Yard of the Month War.

Geezus.
Maybe she was just jealous.
I hope she doesn't send her little lap dog to uproot the azaleas!

posted by Steph at 10:43 AM

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home