Wednesday, September 17, 2003

The Millennium Lab (for the engineRds, that's the big, nice computer lab at the business school. one of them.) has brand new 18" (?) LCD flat screen panels. So nice.

Anyways. WhY am I in the Millennium Lab?
Because I signed up for BC Office Hours on Wednesdays at 10:50am. But once I realized I needed mornings to work, I e-mailed and requested a time change. Since I didn't get a reply, I decided I should show up for my original time slot anyways.
You get counted half an absence if you're late, (3 strikes and you're out of BC) so I showed up like 20 min. early. So I'm a bit paranoid. But you never know.
When I got to the BC Office, I couldn't sign in. (yeah, they have this high tech computer log in thingy that tracks what time you signed in that can only be accessed from one computer)
Then I checked the online times and it said I had been moved to THURS 10:50.
Too bad no one ever TOLD me.
The thing was, I had already mADE plANS for Thursday.
HBSA invited ABSA's exec's to a Corporate Reception - the companies that were going to be at their Career Night (kinda like a Career Expo) were having lunch or something. Then we planned to go to an hour of their Career Night until I had class. Since they're both formal, nOw I have to dress up for even an hour longer.
Sucks. Business Formal during officer hour, during reception, during recruiting thing, then during class. then go home, cram down food, and stay dressed up for absa meeting. 12 hours! I don't think I can handle it. pooOOooo for dressing up.
And POO for unreliable schedules and lack of routine!
I NEED to knoW what's going on! I hate changes last minute! HATE HATE.

Thanks so much Sarah & Shanna for talking to me the other day and listening to me vent and giving me advice. I am dropping LEB. Now I'm only taking 12 hours, but they said 15 hours business classes plus the internship thing was stupid. Well, not stupid. But crazy. And BC and ABSA take up a lot of time. A lot. Thanks for the nice notes on our bulletin board and stickers and cookies. YAy.
And thanks for the few that I feel comfy enough to vent to - everyone else just gets offended or scared at my ranting. Thanks.

Another hour and a half. So lonely. So hungry.

posted by Steph at 9:29 AM

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home