Wednesday, October 22, 2003

Chris Ha, one of my Brass Ring team members, is very funny.

As I was driving us to work today, this stupid jacked up red truck on humongo wheels roars by me on a very narrow street. I cuss at it, muttering about 'compensation' for his obvious lack of *&#$.

Chris: "Put it this way, Stephanie. For every truck like that you see on the road, there's a petroleum engineer that has a job."

Later today at the office:

Me: "Chris, I'm realizing the older I get and the more I learn about business and politics, the more cynical, bitchy, and power hungry I get. Is that a bad thing? Is this what the business school is training us for?"
Chris [without batting an eye]: "No. It's just you."

Keith, another Brass Ring person, also blogs about Martin, our Team Leader.

"Martin ... He is anti-social and intends to stay that way. What kind of music does he listen to? "I don't listen to music" What books do you like "I don't read" What movies do you like "Besides Gattaca? None" What foods do you like "White rice" Do you wear anything besides black and green? "I think I have a red shirt" Martin I want you to condense what you just said into something coherent and concise "dd-duh-duh" What do you do in your spare time? "I play video games" I see, anything else? "No." You dont... womanize? "No." I see... what video games do you like? :: half hour long answer :: I see..."

Sadly, all of the above is true. Most of the questions were given by me to Martin in an attempt to disprove our theories of him being completely souless.

But like Keith says, "Martin has convinced me even further of his lack of basic elements of humanity (passion, empathy, libido)."

Enough bashing our team leader. Time to work.

Actually, time to work after I finish this delicious Einstein bagel with honey almond double whipped cream cheese that the office has strangely been providing for us this week.
It is wonderful. If they did this every day, I wouldn't mind going without pay. Which I already am.
I think it's a bribe to make us work harder, which I think, in the best interest of PickaProf, they should continue doing so.

posted by Steph at 9:25 AM

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home