Wednesday, October 29, 2003

I had another weird dream last night about haunted mansions.

Maybe it's Halloween, or the endless stream of stupid scary movies being advertised lately.
I dreamt I everyone I knew was in this big, unlit mansion. Despite all the room there was, we all had to sleep in separate rooms for the night, which I did not like at all. There were no lights, and we only had candles and lamps.
The only light came from outside, and it was quickly darkening, but I wandered around the mansion on my own anyways, being the foolishly curious minx that I am.
I read this plaque thing that ghosts come out at night (big *gasp*) and started freaking out. Then I read further that the only way to stop them from entering your room while you slept was the make an ink mixture of soot and dry egg noodles (ramen?) grounded into powder and write a big chinese character in your door. But you needed a psychic to tell you what to write on each door.
I went down the hall way to find my parents' room, and begged my mom to hire a psychic. She told me she was not going to spend five thousand dollars on a psychic and told me to stop worrying and go to sleep.
I ran around to other friends' rooms, trying to enlist their help, but they were all unrolling sleeping bags and wanting to sleep. So I ran to the fireplace and scooped up all the ash, then grounded up all the noodles they had in the house into a big pot, and started making ink by lamplight.
I went around to everyone's doors, writing all the Chinese calligraphy letters I could think of to ward off the ghosts, meanwhile cursing myself and wishing I had studied more. But still, I couldn't get to everyone in time, and some people got possessed.
But suddenly enlightened, I ran to the possessed friend and I wrote a character on their forehead and expunged the ghost. He was a watery grey blue color and just looked at me very sadly and floated slowly back into the closet.
I said sorry to him as he turned his back and I woke up.

posted by Steph at 9:49 AM

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home