Thursday, October 23, 2003

I had a very realistic dream last night that was scary.

It was about a cricket/cockroach/tarantula/scorpion hybrid.
It was the size of my hand, shiny black, had long legs it could jump high with, but it moved incredibly fast like a cockroach, and had claw things it kept snapping. I can still picture it now; it was reallly scary looking.

I think it stems from A) all the crickets that have been around the past month B) The night I was sleeping and I felt this thing crawling on my foot and I kicked and when I turned on the lights it was this huge cockroach and C) watching Arachnaphobia a few weeks ago.

Anyways, in the dream I was in an apartment not my own - I was several stories higher up. It was dark and the shades were drawn, but there were thin beams of bluish light coming in the from the windows. I was with someone else; I don't know who because the whole time I really only saw their shadow. We were trying to kill this huge bug that kept trying to leap at us and bite our necks or cut us with it's pinchers. It really was a very ugly thing.

The scariest thing about it was that it moved so fast; we could never get it. Eventually I found this big paddle thing and I tried to cut the bug in half with the paddle. I must've smacked it half a dozen times, and each time I could see it flatten a little and some white stuff squish out, but it kept coming after me. I ran all over the apartment, breaking things and swinging the paddle. I remember screaming and asking the shadow person in the room with me for help, but he just kept hovering around and not doing anything.

Finally I cut one of the bug's pinchers off in a downward motion with my wooden paddle and it slowed down a bit. I don't remember what happened after. I think I furiously just smashed it to pieces.

The next dream I had was about me falling or something and smashing my left front tooth. I remember lots of blood and spitting it onto concrete, and when I looked into a mirror half my tooth was chipped off and I had a bloody gash on my gums right above it. It was really gross.

It felt very real, because I remember being genuinely upset that I had to wear those crap braces all those years for nothing and how my parents were going to kill me when I tell them they have to pay for more to save my teeth. It was really bloody.

Another dream I had a few weeks ago I told Jeff and Shanna once before ABSA, was really freaky.

I was in this mansion and all these rich socialites were having a party. It was in England or something. Everything was kind of fuzzy and foggy and everyone was wearing red, grey, black or white. Black and white suits, women in red dresses with pearls; as I looked around the room, it seemed to go in slow-mo in a swirl of colors.

Above the grey stone fireplace with no fire there was this huge portrait framed in thick gold of a portly, red faced old man with a grey beard glaring down at us. The background was dark red. Someone, a butler, I assume, came out to tell us the 'game'.

The rules were that no matter what happened in the next few hours, everyone in the room (about 50 or so) had to continue smiling, chatting, drinking champagne and pretend nothing was going wrong. Those who acted like they noticed anything would be eliminated.

I wasn't sure what that meant, but for some reason that scared me. Soon, this image of a bicycle floated into the middle of the room. A man dressed in a suit stopped talking to a friend to stare at it, and immediately, slashes began appearing on his face and body. Bloody slashes. I woman screamed in the crowd and the bike eerily turned towards the sound and floated in front of her and soon she was dead, too.

By then everyone was freaked out but we all pretended to keep talking. I found out that on the bicycle rode the wife of the man who's picture was on the mantle, and she had died in a biking accident or something one night and her husband had been too busy throwing a party with his rich friends to notice, so this is how she gets her revenge. Ironically, she demanded the guests pretend not to notice the deaths of her friends just like no one noticed hers or else she would slice them up, too.

Is that messed up or what? And I don't even watch scary movies.
As you can see why.

posted by Steph at 10:55 AM

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home