Monday, November 03, 2003

I dreamt about an evil witch.

The dream started with me going to college for the first time. The day was cloudy and crisp, and I felt very awake as I walked into my dormitory. My dorm was decorated with Christmas decorations and we were the 'Holiday Hall' even though it was only September.
I had my own room, like everyone else on the floor, and it was pretty nice. We had these cute little Victorian cabinets. I unpacked and then went around meeting everyone.
Then we saw our RA, which was a guy. He was actually a guy witch, but he was really really good looking. And a lot older, maybe late 20s. All the girls liked him of course, but he was never cocky and pretended not to notice. Throughout the semester he would try to get me to do bad things, like steal and manipulate people with him. I thought it was really weird, and as good looking and charming as he was, I didn't listen to him. (yay for my subconscious concience!)

It turned out he was working for this witch, which is why he wore black a lot. They were trying to recruit me.
When I followed her and found out she had done all these horrible things, I confronted her while she was teaching. Her hair flew up and her eye glowed, and she yelled at me. She told me she was my aunt, and it was my destiny to learn the black arts. I got angry and screamed that no one else in my family was like that, and I refused to participate.
Then the stage (she was teaching on) flew open and there was lava from the bottom. My parents and sister and other aunts and cousins and even these two little dogs came out. They didn't say anything, just silently acknowledged that they were witches and wizards too. Betrayed, I turned to my mom but she said they were good people, just that one aunt was crazy and evil. But they were all under her control.
I was so angry and scared while the Witch Aunt kept talking, telling me how if I didn't listen to her, she'd lock me away in that school and never let me see my parents and make them unhappy. She mocked me and told me there was nothing I could do, I was just a stupid little girl and she would see to it I suffer. I was really really mad.

As she was ranting, I slowly backed into the fireplace, as if I was scared. But I reached behind me and grabbed a fire poker and ran at her, stabbing her half a dozen times before the 'family' grabbed it away from me. They hated her, but they still had loyalty. No one attacked me back, though, and they had to hold the Witch back (she wasn't dead of course) from killing me.

I remember wondering how I could actually intentionally hurt someone like that, but it was in defense of myself and my family. Scared at what would happen to me, I ran into an adjacent room and the little dogs of hers ran after me, snapping at my heels. I climbed on top of a cabinet, and decided to reason with the dogs. I don't know why. I told them how their mistress was evil and did bad things, and was ruining the happiness of the family. After awhile, they stopped barking and sat down and just looked unhappy.

Then the crazy witch came in, and throughout the confrontation her normal clothes had slowly been transforming to black witch clothes and her hair was turning red.
She screamed at me again and told me I had no where to run. Suddenly, I remembered this plastic gun I had and held it up to her, which she laughed at. She asked me if I really though that I could kill her with a toy when I had stabbed her with a poker so many times and she had survived. She sent me images at what she was going to do to me when she caught me. Then, next to her, appeared the really good looking dark and brooding RA who had been trying to charm me all these months. Her laughing and his manipulation angered me so much I held the gun out in front and shot at her over and over.

Real sparks flew out and I saw bullet wounds appear across her chest and shocked face.
I ran again, with the dogs following me and whining, out of the room across the stage where my family still stood and the room now had a red glow.

I ran back to my dorm and just sat there in shock, listening to my CDs. There was a knock on my door, and I opened it. It was the really good looking dark and brooding RA. He said the witch was dead, and everything was ok now. He promised he was just under her spell and crap and tried to hug me or something, but the wonderfully wary cynic in me glared at him and told him he could have resisted just like I did, but he was weak and made me kill a person.

I turned to look out the window as I heard his footsteps fade into the hallway.
Slowly, the buildings of the school melted and transformed into old brick and turrets; basically, into a castle. For some reason, I wasn't surprised, just sad. Somehow by defeating the witch I could now see things as they really were. Like Gandalf turning white, I suppose. Since the Aunt ran the school and I was the next heir, I now owned the school. I could be rich and powerful.

But for some reason I was unhappy, and I went to my little dorm room and packed my bags and left it all.

posted by Steph at 8:51 AM

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home