Thursday, November 13, 2003

I had the weirdest dream last night. surprise.

But really, it was quite neato. It was like a mix of the movies Kill Bill and Matrix. So it wasn't very pleasant, but very suspenseful and exciting. ANd bloody.
Very, very bloody.

It started in my old neighborhood, where I lived until I was 13. I was just kind of dropped there on the street, and I remember looking around and reminescing. The sky was cloudy. I looked across the street at my grandparents' house. My grandparents on my mom's side lived right next door to us, and they practically raised me. I started wondering what I was doing back here again.

Suddenly time fast-forwarded and it got dark. When I looked over at my grandparent's house from the sidewalk this time, there was a big bonfire. The garage was in flames, the roof was caving in, the driveway had boxes and miscellaneous stuff piled up and burning. I was shocked, and I looked closer and saw three female figures writhing around the flames.

I ran towards the house, and I saw these Chinese girls were a little older than me and had heavy make-up on, but were still very pretty. One wore a bright pink silk chi2 pao2 and had her hair in two buns (I think she's a Tekken2 character), one had her long, flowing hair down and wore black tights layered on black fishnet hose and a cut up turtleneck sweater. The other one wore a white robe with her hair in a pony tail and was a lot quieter.

They were throwing stuff into the fire to make it bigger, not trying to stop it it. They even had fireworks piled on the side they were setting off towards the house. Each time something caught and burst into flames, they would laugh girlishly and wickedly.

When I saw what they were doing to my grandparents' old house, I got SO incredibly ANGRY. How could they do this?? Who they hell were they? I tried to calm down. Luckily this was in the future and no one lived there anymore, but I was still so, so pissed.

I got to the fire and the girls, grabbed a bunch of huge roman candle things, and aimed it at the nearest girl, holding the wick near the fire.
"Who the hell are you and what the f*CK are you doing?"

They just laughed at me and threw more things in the fire. Even though I had intended to set off those fireworks at the girl's face, I didn't have the guts and threw it back down. They laughed even harder. Frustrated and desperate, I ran into the house to see if anyone was inside.

The whole house was falling apart, and I ran through the rooms calling out for people. No one was there, and suddenly I saw the kitchen. I instinctively ran towards the drawer where all the kitchen knives were held, and yanked it open. Jackpot. Inside was a wide array of steak knives, butcher knives, those sharp bbq prong things, etc. I decided against the butcher knife (too clumsy) and pulled out a long, sharp, slender serrated knife. I jabbed it at the counter, testing it, but it was too wobbly.

I threw it aside and chose a thicker, shorter, but still long and incredibly sharp steak knife. It was perfect. I took two of different sizes and hid the rest of the knives behind a counter. Maybe it was the heat of the burning house, or the pawing through the knife drawer, but I was infused with rage - I stalked out of the kitchen, kicked open the front door (which proceeded to fall down in splintered flames), and towards the fire, the girls, and their grating laughter.

As I got closer, I picked up speed and suddenly did this matrix thing where I jumped up in slo mo and slashed one of the girls' face. I didn't do it too deep; it was just a surface cut. But she screamed and I expected the other two girls to turn on me, but they just stood back and watched as the girl in pink wipe her cheek and pull out knives of her own. Meanwhile in the background the fire was roaring higher and louder and everything else seemed to go black.

I was scared as hell, because I really didn't know anything about fighting and was SO scared of getting cut. She jumped at me and my doubting and hesitation caused me to fail to block her first attack. Her knife went straight into my stomach. Instinctively, I flexed my stomach, as if I could push the knife out of me or something.

I did. It came out with such a force she was pushed back, still holding onto the handle of the knife. We both stared at the knife in wonder; there was no blood on it. She really was a pretty, sweet looking girl, but when she glared at me after that, I knew it was just a fake facade for some evil psycho. I hated her even more. Furious that I didn't die, she looked at the knife, and then my stomach again.

"Impossible," she spat.

"Believe it, bitch." I smiled. We started slashing at each other again and this time the other two girls joined in. I don't remember much, just that there was a lot of blades glinting from the reflections of the fire and other such movie-like effects. We fought for the longest time. I was angry I wasn't getting anywhere fighting with them, and even though they couldn't get to me, I couldn't get to them either.

I woke up. I stared at the ceiling for awhile, wondering whether I should be relieved I got out alive, or mad at myself for not having beaten them. I decided I was mad.

I fell back to sleep and this time I ended up in the back yard of my grandparents' house. Everything was normal again; the sky was just kind of gray and cloudy. (The sky is always gray and cloudy in my dreams. I don't think I ever remember it being sunny) I saw an old, faded, wooden trellis where these yellow and white flowers used to grow on. I remember they smelled really good and even though my grandpa told me not to, I would pick some off and smell it. I wondered what happened to those girls and the fire - was it a dream? A premonition? What happened since I never beat them?

Suddenly, like the first time, the world turned black again. I was still in the backyard, and everything was on fire. The lawn chairs, the fence, the back door, and even the trellis. This time though, I didn't have knives. The girls came out the back door slowly, and armed. I was so screwed.

I wished I had a bigger knife, even a nice sword. I closed my eyes briefly and felt all this anger and desparation and wanted revenge so much. I thought about my grandparents and wondered where they were and why this was happening and when I looked down, hidden in some bushes was a nice, shiny katana.

Yes, like the one I had at the Halloween party. Sorry wei wei, it seems I might be getting attatched to it...

Anyways, enthused, I picked it up and pulled it out of its sheath in one motion and aimed it at the first girl in line; the girl in white. I cut her up within a few minutes; she wasn't much of a fighter - she was a lot quieter than the other two.

The girl in black was a talker - she kept talking all this trash and calling me all these horrible names and obscene words. I didn't say anything for awhile, but then I found out from her these girls were my cousins or something. That made me really pissed; how could they do this to family? I didn't know who they were, but they knew who I was. I jumped on her and attacked her. Suddenly my katana broke. The blade just fell apart. I started panicking and praying for another one, because the girl in black was about to slash through me with hers. I started running and another katana just appeared in my hand. It was a bit heavier, but shinier and sharper. I turned around and cut up the girl in black as she was caught off guard. She rolled on the floor crying.

Then it was just the pink silk girl left. She had two swords. I ran towards the fence, and under the burning trellis was another katana. I didn't even wonder anymore, I just took it for granted and picked it up. We started fighting. We fought for a long time, slashing through the house and cutting up everything around us except each other.

Finally we appeared in the room where I used to take naps and my katanas started glowing silver and I faked a right attack. When her left arm went up to block it, and her right arm came down to cut me, I use my left sword to parry her attack and then I drove both swords into her gut.

The blades came out the other side of her back, perfectly parallel and still glowing. Her eyes started glowing yellow and she screamed so loudly I covered my ears and closed my eyes. She kept screaming and screaming and then I woke up.

posted by Steph at 10:30 AM

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home