Wednesday, December 24, 2003

Bah, Humbug.

Each year I become professively less fond of Christmas.

Each year our Christmas lights grow more scant, our trees more tiny. This year we don't have a tree at all.

I had been watching the horribly cheesy "Santa Clause 2" on TV in a desperate (can you tell?) attempt to lighten my foul mood. I've been listening to the only tolerable Christmas song, Mariah Carey's "All I Want for Christmas Is You" on repeat. As if we stupid humans would ever be satisfied with just ONE person or thing. What a sickenly sanguine song. It has a nice tune, though - so it plays on.

Christine isn't even home for Christmas, my aunt and little cousin Angeline are in Las Vegas, and my parents didn't even really decide to hold our traditional family & family friends dinner at our house until today. Everything is a chore, all my mom's stressing about cleaning totally ruins any chance I had at semi getting into the mood for the bloody holidays.

Not that I had been excited about this holiday anyways, but I think the straw that broke the camel's back was last night; while my parents were debating whether to reluctantly have dinner tonight or just go to Happy Panda (which is now China Bear and some friggin Americanized stupid Chinese buffet) and get it over with.

Get it over with. That's what my life seems to be all about nowadays. Everything is just something to do and get over with.

What the hell is wrong with me?

I was whining to Gene and he says "HolyHeYsus: it's ok, jus look at the big baby jesus field ornaments outside ur window and u'll feel that warm christmas tingle in ur heart"

Hahahaha. Thanks GEne.

I did, however, have a lot of fun with Dobie 210 last night. Thanks, guys. There are now additions of JenniferN and Thao, which is fun. On the way back home from Jon's house Thao and Jennifer pulled up next to Chris and I and started making catcalls. I was deeply offended until they offered money. We traded thinly-concealed innuendos until the light turned green. Since Becki has been taken by Omar, I've been sorely lacking for female companionship. Welcome, Jennifer and Thao.

Thanks to Becki for a book of Interpretations of Dreams - apparently she thinks I'm messed up and need help figuring out what's wrong with me. I don't think it'll help, but it'll be an interesting read.

Thanks Jon and Omar for the lovely present - Adult Drinking Games.... anyone who wants to join us a couple days before school next semester is welcome. We won't be using alcohol, of course. That would be illegal. We'll just use really fizzy drinks like coke and sprite that are just as hard to chug down. It will be just as fun with a sugar high. Of course, I'm lying because my dad reads this. After this crappy holiday, I'm going to need as much liquor in my veins as possible. Donations are accepted.

And now the moment everyone has been waiting for. The frog pictures. Yes, those who were there know what I'm talking about. After having too much Apple Cider, I got in a really .... weird... mood and committed atrocious acts. Actually, I posed little plastic frogs committing atrocious acts and Jon took pictures while the rest of the people hypocritically judged me and called me 'dirty' while at the same time hooted and urging me on. You crazy bastards - but I still love you guys.

Clink in Order:

Once there were two froggies
One froggy told the other froggy he loved her
They embraced.
over
and
over
and
over.
The enD.

Merry Christmas.

posted by Steph at 2:07 PM

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home