Monday, March 08, 2004

I am so sore that when I woke up this morning I was unable to physically move my lower body. I can't believe the weekend passed by so fast; I don't even remember where the time went.

Come to think of it, those two sentences put together without further explanation probably doesn't sound too good.

Friday night we played poker until 4 am. There were only 5 players, and vivian watched and helped deal. I ended up breaking even after like 3 hours, which doesn't seem like it was worth it, but I can't complain. I got to watch a most interesting and amusing game for the remainder of the night: Shanna vs. Joe.

Hahhahahaha. It was hilarious. Shanna's playing is so completely unorthodox it confused the hell out of Joe. For someone who prides himself so much on being able to read people, Shanna sure did take him for a ride. In the end, Joe ended up winning, but they played heads for for at least 3 hours, the chips going back and forth. Vivian and I worked on the ABSA banner and every time I heard intelligible sounds coming from Joe, I got to look up and watch Shanna rake in more chips.

There was this one ridiculous hand where Joe had an ace with two aces showing on the flop, and shanna only had a pair of fours. She stayed in and called all his raises until the end, where she ended up catching a four on the river and getting a full house of 4s over aces. It was nuts. No normal person would have stayed in a hand with two aces showing and the other person raising like crazy, but that's what makes it all so ironic. Anyways, it was worth staying up to watch.

I ended up sleeping around 5, waking up at 8 the next morning, sitting through a 5+ hour leadership conference, and going straight to playing football. The lack of sleep and water and afternoon sun and football made me feel so horrible. I got an excruciating headache. I passed out the rest of the night.

The next day we had an officer meeting followed by another 2 hours of football outside and then 2 hours of softball practice and then an hour softball game.

The bastards we played in our first game of softball were in our coed C division (A being the most competitive division), but it was total bullshit. Every single person on their team could bat home runs and catch and throw so friggin well. I was so angry these shameless assholes had the gall to sign up for coed C just so they were guaranteed to win. It's so unsportsmanlike. They all had matching uniforms and this one self-important prig even had the whole baseball outfit - tight pinstriped pants, matching belt and all.

Anyways, the ref made the team go up a bracket to Coed B, but that doesn't really do anything for ABSA's morale. At least those pricks are gone. We practiced softball for another hour and a half on the IM fields after that, until it turned dark and windy and cold. After Sunday, not only am I sore as hell, I'm sunburned as well. And bruised. Both my knees are really disgusting.

I'm supposed to be working on some stupid marketing case right now in the computer lab, but I don't feel like it.

I wish spring break started now.

posted by Steph at 5:30 PM

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home