Wednesday, June 23, 2004

Last night I had another movie like dream.

The dream started out with me touring a sculpture/art museum. Instead of cluttered and colorful like I expected, the hallways were expansive and the walls and art were all pale colored. Everything was white or beige. There wasn't much traffic, just my mom and sister, and some few other random friends. We wandered around by ourselves instead of in a large group, and I was so focused that at one point I looked up and everyone was gone.

Seeing no one around, I started towards the curator's office to see if I could page my party. When no one answered my knocking, I went in. I saw that the 'closet' door behind the curator's desk was open - but instead of a closet, it was another room. I went in room after room, following hallways and staircases until I came to what looked like living quarters.

It was a large, almost a mansion. The style was very old, but everything was very clean. Unlike the museum, this place was full of clutter. There were all sorts of junk and antiques scattered all over the place. Being a packrat and junk collecter myself, I wandered around, opening drawers and picking up everything.

Then I came to a room overflowing with more stuff and a hand written sign that said "take whatever you want." I clapped my hands with glee and started filling a bag with stuff. Then I noticed something strange; every time I wished a certain object I found was in another color, or another size, etc, I would find exactly what I wanted a few feet later. I thought it was weird that the later object was exactly how I envisioned it. I decided to wish for something very specific, and this time paid attention to the whole room. Sure enough, the object appeared in the middle of a pile.

I was very creeped out and as I started to back out of the room, I noticed the statuettes and paintings' eyes followed me. Chills shot up my spine as I dropped everything and started to run. As I ran down the hallways and burst through doors trying to find my way back, objects would appear in front of me to block my way. Not scary things, but all the things I ever wanted; yummy food, clothes, even the rooms were molding themselves to tailor to what I'd design my home to be someday.

I got the distinct feeling the house was trying to keep me there; why, I have no idea. The statues all beckoned to me and the paintings all looked sad. This only made me want to get the hell out even more.

I actually remember thinking in the dream that this was all very much like that movie The Haunting where these people stay in a mansion and of course, scary stuff happens. It turns out the dead owner of the house wanted to keep one of the women in the group in the house because all the kids he'd ever had with his past wives had died, and he wanted a child or something. At one point in the movie, she wanders into a room full of mirrors and when she looks up, she sees her reflection's belly swell as if she was pregnant. As I was remembering this scene during my dream, I woke up.

I must've had goosebumps for half an hour.

posted by Steph at 8:25 AM

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

yay! comments. awesome. i like i like. =D you always seem to have weird dreams. you must think too much when you are awake.

~Caroline

June 23, 2004 at 9:06 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home