Saturday, July 17, 2004

It's Saturday and I'm at my 10 year old cousin's house.  Our mommies are out grocery shopping, and I'm babysitting. By babysitting I mean sitting there bored while she does her Kumon math homework, her Chinese homework, practice violin and piano.  She just sits there dutifully doing one task after another.  Yeesh.
 
I remember being her age.  There's no way I would've been such a good girl and done all that if my parents weren't home.  Oh well.  Kids these days.   I remember having to do the math, and the Chinese, and the violin and the piano and the dance classes and art classes.  I guess it wasn't a bad thing; it's not like kids have better stuff to do with their time.  Better than watching TV, anyways.  Looks like I'll be inflicting the same educational torture upon my kids.
 
Now she's playing Andrea Boticelli's Time to Say Goodbye on the violin.  This kid reads at a higher level than the average american high school student.  Of couse, that doesn't say much, but still. So impressive.
 
She had come upstairs earlier just as I was starting to blog and I told her she had to be dreaming if she thought 10 minutes on the violin was long enough, so she went back downstairs to play more.  I can't believe she listens to me - she used to be this incredibly contrary little girl, spoiled to no end. 
 
I've been gone 2 years in college, and every time I come back everyone in my family is exactly the same.  But my cousins, 10 and 11, are different every time. It's funny how fast and how much kids grow.  Sometimes I miss my childhood.

She's done.  I'm going to play now.

posted by Steph at 10:54 AM

2 Comments:

Blogger Connie said...

cousin.. 10.. ANGELINE who's so LITO ANd umm little like you? :D cute.

July 17, 2004 at 9:36 PM  
Blogger Jeffrey said...

I ran into Gloria and her mother this morning,
and she has gotten so tall...i felt both happy and sad to see her. She seems very sweet still.

July 18, 2004 at 8:07 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home