Monday, September 27, 2004

I do/don't want to grow up...

I woke up this morning desperately wishing I was a kid again. Maybe it had something to do with the dreams (which I now don't remember) I had during the night, but I almost feel like when I got out of bed I was waking up iNto a dream that I wasn't happy with. But I'm not sure what I'm not happy with, so I can't do anything about it.

Childhood was so simple, and as you get older, everything gets more complicated. Yes, that's a given, but what are you getting in return for growing up that makes it all worth it? Is it knowledge, is it experiences, independence, understanding, maturity...

What is so damn great about growing up? If anything, I think understanding the world more just makes you a little less giddy and carefree and innocent, a little less like a happy kid every day. Is that a good thing?

posted by Steph at 9:24 AM

1 Comments:

Blogger Joe said...

we gain control. and with control comes a certain degree of responsibility. Because of this responsibility, we do lose some of that innocent exuberance, but we gain respect and direction in our lives.

is it worth it? eh...
if anything, money buys happiness I guess...

September 27, 2004 at 9:39 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home