Wednesday, April 27, 2005

mice

I now have two mice.

Thank you Alissa and Jon. Their mice had babies and I got to have two. I kept the names the same. One is a boy, Ein (because he is really smart) and the girl is Runtie, the smallest one. She's really smart too. I was over at their place for almost two hours learning their personalities before selecting them. My sister apparently knows all the names and personalities, so that was a helpful guide. I was only going to get one, but they're social creatures and need at live in at least pairs.

Right now I have them in a medium sized plastic box. They're still not full grown yet, but I'll probably upgrade them once they are. I put in a few containers they can hide/live in, and overnight they had built tunnels underneath and rearranged everything. They are so cute.

Why are most people disgusted by mice? The common reaction seems to be "ewww" or "are you going to mate them?". To that which I must say that they are very clean creatures and I will not be doing anything - if they mate (which they will), they mate. You may start claiming babies now. I should have some within... 6 months?

I didn't get a boy and girl on purpose, it's just that two males might fight and I didn't like two girls, so I just picked two mice I liked in general.

I like my mice. They are my friends. I bring them outside with me to the living room when I work.

posted by Steph at 11:15 AM

5 Comments:

Blogger Connie said...

ooh i so want one.. except i mite get tempted to get a snake.. muhahah

April 28, 2005 at 10:44 PM  
Blogger Shanna said...

Stephanie Chen. I can't believe you got mice for pets.

I think people think "ewww" when think of mice because they are thinking of a rat. Which is very different from mice. Rats are disgusting.

Ha ha. Miss you Steph.

April 29, 2005 at 6:38 AM  
Blogger Sparky said...

aww so cute =)
i've always loved mice~
yea i could never understand why people feared them so much ... maybe rats but that's a different story haha.

April 30, 2005 at 10:12 AM  
Blogger N3mesis85 said...

i miss ein. you should let the mice have a family reunion some day. bring them home. and then i will hide them from you and keep them to myself again.

May 2, 2005 at 11:21 PM  
Blogger Joe said...

you should let ein and runty come over and play with bellini.

they will be the bestest of friends and have the bestest of times, or they will die a gristly death.

promise.

why do you have mice when i have a cat?

May 3, 2005 at 11:38 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home