Saturday, June 04, 2005

In Scottsdale.

The scenery is nice and the condo is great, but all the initial excitement and wonder of this place has now faded into fatigue (stupid me slept 3.5 hours last night) and loneliness. My roommate is nice too, but I feel very much on my own. And it's just now hitting me that it will be like this all summer.

I know this is a great experience and I'm sure I'll love in very soon and meet new people, but feelings are not reasonable or logical. I feel sad. I miss my family.

I actually unpacked everything and hung stuff up. Now just need 30 min or so of organizing, which I'm too tired to do. We went grocery shopping and I bought a crap load of food. I think I'm going to gain weight this summer.

I'm making myself not sleep until at least 10. 5 hours to go. I can't read, or I'll fall asleep. No tv, (the cable in the room is pretty cool) or I'll fall asleep. My roommate and her friends nicely invited me to dinner, but I really am too tired - I'd rather let them have fun by themselves than go and be listless and boring.

A one hour nap won't kill me..right? no no no. I will shower and eat. The bed is so soft though...

posted by Steph at 4:44 PM

3 Comments:

Blogger Shanna said...

Stephanie, just to let you know, I think you will get over the loneliness part soon. Once you start working, you will get over it. It takes like a week.

Remember our conversation... :)

June 5, 2005 at 8:47 AM  
Blogger N3mesis85 said...

hey you POO.
you bETTER not get over being lonely, cause IM not there.

June 6, 2005 at 1:09 PM  
Blogger Steph said...

you should be honored

June 8, 2005 at 5:19 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home