Thursday, May 11, 2006

Rewinding

I just spent the past hour reading and talking about my past.

I read my old blogs and maybe because I'm allegedly 'neurotic' and all up in my head, when I stopped reading I felt like I had gone back to the past and just returned again - it felt weird. I felt the same things all over again - anxiety, fear, disappointment, excitement, giddiness; a wealth of emotions from just a few months into college.

For awhile I was sad I drifted away from blogging and even talking on AIM - but today I realized that only means I found actual people to talk/learn/share/vent to, and I should feel lucky instead.

So as a tribute to my past 4 years of college, I'm going to post a new OLD blog every day that I select from my archives. This will help me relive my past and track my progress as well as let the people who know me today see what I was like back then. And who wouldn't want to learn about me?

JUST kidding, yeesh - this is more for myself than anything. Let the reliving of the past begin!

Excerpts:

8/23/2002
"My computer is packed, along with the rest of my life into 6 boxes my dad uses to file his business papers ... Yeah. I'm getting depressed. All my previous heart-lifting anxiety that I had about getting the hell outta here is slowly being drained out of me and being replaced by the proverbial leaden weights of nostalgia and pre-mature homesickness. I brought a small stack of family album pictures for the heck of it . . . and there will be a pretty, silver picture frame of my sister and I when we were kids on my desk at Austin.
Ah. Those ephemeral, carefree years of innocence.

Childhood is over.

T_T I feel sad now. " (
How stupid was I!?! If I felt I was a child these past 4 years, I must've REALLY been an idiot coming out of high school...)

8/24/2002
"I spent the past few hours with David, Jonathan, and Danny [high school friends]. . . the epitome of engineer nerds. I mean, our lunch conversation consisted of computers, math, and science. Here I am, using mY computer for instant messaging, e-mail and blogs, and not taking a single math or science course, and that's all they talk about. But no, I'm not bitter. I don't feel left out. So now I'm back in my dorm room again. Where the hell are the normal people to hang out with?! (I guess I hadn't found ABSA yet)

"my room number is 911. Nine Eleven, Nine One Ene. Either way, it's a sucky, cursED room number. geez....... at least no one will forget it....."

08/28/2002
"tschew2you (11:56:10 PM): me harrison and cindy went and saw a shaolin video of a guy being punched in the groin and they thought that it reminded them of you
Demona848 (11:56:30 PM): thanks....."

"Demona848 (8:03:28 PM): i'm hungry
Demona848 (8:03:29 PM): damn dobie
Demona848 (8:03:31 PM): closes at 7
SilverDragon129 (8:04:04 PM): want Ramen? You can come by to get some from me if you want
Demona848 (8:04:17 PM): but it's not healthy..
SilverDragon129 (8:04:38 PM): *Shrug*......trade your health for convenience :-P "


EDIT: Thao doesn't believe I will post an old blog every day. So we made a bet: If I don't post every day (except the days I'm on an airplane to Taiwan) then Thao has to write a Xanga entry at least once every 2 days. If I lose, I have to write a post once a week on a topic of her choosing (ex: Why Thao is So GREAT) HA! We'll see about that! Let the games begin!

posted by Steph at 3:33 AM

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home