Thursday, February 12, 2009

holy crap

It's been a long time since I blogged. I moved to Xanga - but I hate the WTF ads they post next to my entries. Talk about unreadatizing. (Unappetizing to read) ===>

So I tried Vox. It was eh. Facebook and Twitter are for a new generation of ADDers who don't have the patience / writing skills / original thoughts / opinions beyond "I'm eating this! I'm going here! I like this video!"

Granted, I'm perfectly guilty of indulging in the pretty trappings of facebook photo albums and instantly gratifying wall-to-wall conversations. It is great for many things, but in the end something still felt... lacking.

So I'm back here again.

Speaking of the picture to the right, while having dinner with my parents at home (I'm in Houston) tonight they both look at me as I'm shoveling food in my mouth after my 6 hour nap (flew red eye) and go:

Dad: You look skinner than last time
Me: *muffled through rice* yeah I'm trying to eat healthy
Mom: It looks better
Dad: Yeah for awhile your cheeks were much fatter
Mom: You look better this way
Dad: Yeah for awhile your tummy was much rounder
Mom: Yes. Better this way.
Me: *glares angrily and continue to stuff my face* Thanks. Do we have any dessert?
Mom: Oo! We have some red bean popsicles in the freezer. It's very good! You should try it. Do you want more rice?

WHAT DO THEY EXPECT ME TO DO??

posted by Steph at 2:31 AM

2 Comments:

Blogger Nothing! said...

how are you!!!!!

February 12, 2009 at 8:18 AM  
Blogger Shanna said...

I'm glad you're back on Blogger. It's really been my very reliable friend since the day YOU had ME start writing in 2002. :)

February 15, 2009 at 5:42 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home